Skip to main content

First Day of the New Semester

It was great to meet old friends again and started to dish about our whereabouts for the whole holiday, as well as to see new, young fresh faces making their debut in the faculty. Like it or not, time passed by so quickly and I'm in my sophomore year!

I signed up for 7 subjects for which 1 of them was Micoeconomics II and I had dropped it yesterday due to mounting pressure of maintaining my CGPA skyhigh. Thus, I better not screw up by taking extra credit hours just for the sake of finishing my course on time. I don't really care - btw, as long as I can get it all done and fine. *winks*

So, I arrived early yesterday morning because my first class commence at 9 o'clock. It was Introduction to Financial Administration. The lecturer was ok, I guess from the look of him although Ann Jie had admonished me of him ("Don't take Anurrdin! You'll screw up, he's a lousy lecturer!").

While waiting for my next class to start at 2pm, I had about 4 hours to kill. Besides having my brunch in the fac's cafe, reading 2 pages of Virginia Woolf's 'Mrs Dalloway' while listening to some tunes from my BlackBerry, I did nothing.

Really bored.

It wasn't until later when one by one of the old faces started to pop out, starting with the cute-as-a-button Faris, entertaining me and chatting away in the cafe, catching up with each other.

Then, Syazwan showed up with his new red hairdo. Along with the newly-wed Husna. Zafirah came. Sakina emerged out of nowhere with her new tote a la Stam bag from Marc Jacobs. Hana dropped by with her knee bandaged thickly. Didi was also there with her new iPhone.

What a great start for the new semester!

I had some other classes later on with them like Macroeconomics II, Statistic I and Sociology. God, while other subjects' tutorial classes would start by the third week, Sociology has gone against all odds by starting its tutorial classes today. Heaven forbids.

All in all, it was a great start for us but I was so freaking exhausted that I headed to bed shortly after 10pm. It wasn't easy adjusting back to the hassle and bustle of studying life after three months of inanely sitting comfortably at home!


Comments