Skip to main content

"When Life Gives You Lemon, Make Lemonade"

As I was browsing through my Facebook, I came across the section about favourite quotes and being an avid reader and viewer of Oprah Winfrey, I had put there one of her sayings which goes:
"Pray as if everything depends on God; work as if everything depends on you"

True - that saying had said a mouthful of meanings there. You can't just sit around and pray, hoping everything would turn out the way you would want things to be. You have to get up and work your ass off to make your plan comes alive. Or else, God himself wouldn't be bothered to help you.

Then, I remembered another saying which I'm very sure everyone should be familiar with:
"When life gives you lemon, make lemonade"
As I grow older and perhaps wiser, I realized how brilliant that saying is.


I learned, you can never have any excuse for the things that you didn't do or did. You have absolutely no capacity to say "I'm not fit for this", "I'm not good enough", "I can't do that", "I'll fail definitely" or any other silly remarks that would eventually bring you down.

No matter how tough the time gets, there's always a way or perhaps ways to fix it and turn it all around. You have to take charge of it as the action starts from you.

Use any opportunity that you have around you to make it work and it will work out just fine.

...which brings me to another great quote:
"The dawn starts just after the darkest night"
Go figure :)


Comments