Skip to main content

A Nice Poem


En route to my sis house last weekend boarding the Express Rail Link a.k.a ERL a.k.a KLIA Transit, I noticed somewhat touching poem on top of my head. Reading it, I couldn't help but to be amazed at how brilliant the poem was. It speaks about one finding solace surrounded by nature in a small park amidst the hustle and bustle of city.


Don't all of us feel that most of the time? We are SO thankful for any small nature left among the concrete jungle around us nowadays right?

Sebuah Taman Sore Hari - Sapardi Djoko Ramono

Dari sayap burung-burung kecil itu
Berguguran sepi, sepiku
Saat terhenti di sebuah taman kota ini
Daun jatuh di atas bangku, bagai mimpi
Di antara datang dan suatu kali pergi
Beribu lonceng berbunyi
Kekal sewaktu bercakap kepada hati
Lalu kepada bumi, di sini aku menanti

and, no worries, the translation:

A Park in the Afternoon - Sapardi Djoko Ramono

From the wings of this small bird,
Silence scatters, my silence
As I sit in a park of this town
Leaves fall on my bench, like dreams
Between coming and once going
A thousand bells ring
Eternity speaks to my heart
Then to the earth, here I wait

So soothing...

Comments