Skip to main content

Y-3 by Yohji Yamamoto

Y-3 by Yohji Yamamoto for Adidas top (RM590)


Messenger bag (RM1540)

Note: This was written at 3am and I'm badly sleepy. Thus, forgive me for any spelling/grammatical error (if any). Do comment, I won't bite :)

I was never the one who followed the main stream. For me, I found joy and get thrilled with less-known things and the ones not many go for.

Music-wise, I was already rooting Amy Winehouse when nobody listened to her (yet) at that time. Currently, artistes like Regina Spektor, Damien Rice and The Pierces were among others on my playlist. I found mainstream stuff rather drab and less-exhilarating.

When it comes to dressing up, I do like big, established names as others too. Somehow, I'm much more interested in less-flamboyant and in-your-face labels which emphasized on minimality. I like Moschino, Comme des Garcons and J.Lindeberg, to name a few. Those do not have size-80 font emblazoning the label's name on the chest nor come in tacky colourful outfit. The clothes are simple, mostly monochrome and only for those who really like minimality.

Recently (or rather since early this year), I found another label that suited my preference. Located in the M Store, Gardens, Y-3 by Yohji Yamamoto made its Malaysian debut along with other well-known brands under the same store such as Rock & Republic, Fred Perry Laurel and Comme des Garcons Play (to name a few).

Y-3 is the brainchild of brilliant collaboration between the fantastic artist Yohji Yamamoto with sport giant Adidas. Such furtile collaboration had already been seen between designers Stella McCartney and Alexander McQueen with Adidas and Puma, respectively.

The design mostly revolves around the traditional Japanese men's wear (can be seen on the men's shorts and long pants) with a little bit of futuristic twist given, that adds live and eccentricity to the clothes, yet still relevant and wearable.

Just as a little introduction to the label, I treated myself to a nice top and a messenger bag from Y-3, and so far, the reviews have been kind especially towards the bag which many compliments it (rather on me using it). The price tag is quite high, and that places Y-3 among second tier labels.

Somehow, it doesn't deter me from coming back. I think I've fallen in love with Y-3.
*winks*

Comments

Ri said…
if u can afford it y not? just remember to also give to those less fortunate than us :)
Hana Amira said…
my my my khai..
u've certainly outspent ur allowance!
u must be awfully rich and enviously lucky to be able to purchase those branded goods..
boy, do i wish i have the size of ur wallet!

:P
Khairizan Y. said…
dont worry hana, i didnt overspent
i spend when i have n i duduk diam-diam bila dan pokai :D