Skip to main content

Rock With Your Socks Out!


I never really cared about the whole whoopla for the MTV World Stage which was held for the first time in Asia (outside of Japan) here in Kuala Lumpur last Saturday, August 15, until I found out that Kasabian was going to be a part of it.

I mean, like, really - Kasabian? Whoah. This is may-jah.

Then, my best buddy Fifi introduced me to Pixie Lott's song 'Mama Do', which easily grew on me. She was a part of the show as well along with others like Hoobastank, Boys Like Girls, Raygun (I love this group), The All American Rejects and Malaysian own Estranged.

That made me jumped up and down, eagerly hoping I'd be a part of the gig. Kasabian and Pixie Lott are all I needed to get my motor started.

And I was so grateful when my fellow housemate, Jet handed over 2 tickets, only days prior to the show.

Whoah! MTV World Stage, here I come!

And come I did!

The Sunway Lagoon Surf Beach was completely drained that afternoon, specially for the show which will be telecast worldwide on August 23. About 16,000 people thronged the theme park including Ayi and I, as well as Fifi and her friends.

The show kickstarted with Estranged around 6pm. Followed by Boys Like Girls, Raygun and Pixie Lott.

No need to tell, I went nuts for the cutesy, British girl. She totally swept me away.

The show continued with Hoobastank, their third appearance in Malaysia, The All-American Rejects and last but not least, Kasabian.

By the time The All-American Rejects showed up, I was already tired and my feet were killing me from all of the standing for hours. I had to pass Kasabian and head back home.

Yeah, there was some slight guilt and regret but I know, I wasn't fit for a rock concert! But if No Doubt do another tour here in Kuala Lumpur in the near future, I would still be up for it though. That's one rock concert I'd be waiting to happen again.

All in all, the gig was fun and entertaining but the tiring part was equally as much, if not more. Nevertheless, I still welcome another World Stage here in Malaysia. Bring it on, MTV!

Estranged opened the show

...followed by Boys Like Girls


Raygun performing

My darling Pixie Lott

Hoobastank sweaty performance

The All-American Rejects

Here's our video of Pixie Lott performing her hit single 'Mama Do', taken by Mr Ayi.



Comments