Skip to main content

How Far Would You Go For Shoes? (Version 2.0)


Okay, I have to admit I'm a little over the moon about this one.

It has been almost a year since I got my pair of Adidas Originals by Originals JS Wings sneakers in black, which was somewhere around 2009 Halloween. That pair is, perhaps, my most talk-about shoes among those who know me or have read this blog. They don't care about my other pairs, they just wanted to know "Where are the winged shoes?"

Just my luck, as I was strolling around Pavilion on Monday afternoon, I saw these new version of JS Wings in silver reflective metallic. You guessed it right - I couldn't take my eyes off it.

This pair would be the seventh version of the highly successful JS Wings line, after the gold, white, silver, black, rainbow and Swarovski-studded versions. It is a part of Adidas x Jeremy Scott Fall/Winter 2010 collection which had just debuted in Malaysia - get this - two hours before I dropped by the store. It is only available in Adidas Originals store in Pavilion KL.

So technically (and shamelessly) that would make me as the first owner of this JS Wings reflective silver metallic here in Malaysia. Woohoo! Ceteris paribus.

Under normal light, they look rather grey-ish but upon coming into contact with bright light - zap! - they pop like a ball of lightning (I kid you not. See the picture for yourself). This one comes with matching grey laces and grey 'Jeremy' tag (unlike gold, in the previous black version).

For those of you who are interested in getting a pair, this one will set you back RM680.

Again, JS Wings is the official shoes for my Halloween this year (though I don't celebrate it).

Comments