Skip to main content

The Best Thai Food in KL

When someone asks me of my favorite eatery in Kuala Lumpur, the answer to this question will never change. In fact, it has remained consistent for the past 3, 4 years.

I love Imperial Chakri Palace restaurant. There, I've said it again for the umpteenth time. I really, really love this place.

Not just because I have a penchant for Thai food, but the ambiance and the whole layout of the restaurant itself are captivating. Not to mention, the delish, delish Thai food over there - especially the exquisite pandan leaf chicken which is one of the many reasons I fell in love with this place.

During the second week of fasting, Ayi and I chose this place to break the fast. We did not make any reservation prior and just dropped by hours before the breaking fast time. Thankfully, there were still vacancy unlike last year, where we did not have any chance to break the fast there - everyday the place was fully book right until the end of Ramadan. Crazy.

The Ramadan buffet is RM69++ per person and there were more than 30 dishes for main course as well as quite a number of soups, kuihs, cut fruits and other desserts like bubur kacang, ice kacang and cendol.

This is my definition of food mecca. I love each and every one of the dishes - except their cat fish mango kerabu, solely because I don't eat any kind of freshwater fish. Bummer. But my favorite dish there has got to be the pandan leaf chicken, green curry and black pepper beef/mutton.

Even I'm still salivating heavily as I write this. Totally sumptuous.

As for drinks, there were iced lemon tea and syrup bandung along with iced water.

Ignore how sloppy I look. It's the food there that matters!

Ayi's platter. Clockwise from bottom: Thai fried rice, steamed siakap fish, sambal sotong & petai, fried shrimp, pandan leaf chicken and steamed broccoli & cauliflower

All in all, the buffet was worth it. You pay for everything you could eat as the dishes were not as many as hotel buffet but still maintain an attractive variety for you to enjoy it all. We left by 8pm for Maghrib prayer, with a round belly and packed tummy.

Hopefully I'll have a chance to drop by again (and again) before Ramadan passes.

The Imperial Chakri Palace is on the Fourth Floor, Suria KLCC

Comments