Skip to main content

Third Week of Fasting


Everyone who's close to me knows how risk-averse I am. I'm a perfectionist and I hate being unorganized (though it always happens). Thus, when Ayi suddenly suggested dining out for breaking fast hours before the due time, I was uneasy.

Since we were heading to KLCC. We checked on Madam Kwan, which was fully booked as expected. Little Penang Cafe was equally packed as well. Even the food court was fully occupied an hour before breaking fast time.

Oh, I smelled disaster. I hate myself for not making any reservation prior. Dang.

Since every eatery you could ever think of in Suria KLCC was full that day,we headed to the adjacent Kuala Lumpur Convention Center. Thankfully, Kenny Rogers there still has seats available BUT no more roasted chicken for us.

Double dang.

Like it or not, we had its beef spaghetti bolognaise which comes with a muffin, and I have to say, it was pretty good. I can assure you that this doesn't come out from our empty stomach but indeed, it was tasty. How enlightening - now on, I can order their spaghetti instead of the usual quarter-chicken-with-side-dishes the next time I drop by any Kenny Rogers.

Beef spaghetti bolognaise

And later that night, while I was flipping through the pages of September issue of Vogue (hey, no harm reading Vogue once a year for its annual biggest issue), I noticed this Jean Paul Gaultier advertisement featuring the top similar to mine which I wore earlier for the breaking fast, except in different color and it was cut in the chest for extra dramatic marketing purposes, I think.


Good thing my JPG top is still in the fashion. Bad thing JPG is no longer here in Kuala Lumpur. Bummer.

Comments