Skip to main content

Turning Two-Three - Part 2


The next day after my big night of surprise, I had an early dinner date with Ayi and Ann Jie, since the latter insisted on going out and celebrating my day. The place du jour: Bubba Gump Shrimp at The Curve.

It was New Year's Day and learning from precedent cases, I chose not to step into any shopping mall but since they have made their reservation there, I just followed. Traffic and parking was hell, no surprise.

It turned out, Ann Jie had reserved a table for five. I relentlessly begged her to reveal the remaining two people who'd be joining us, but yeah, she was good in keeping her surprise.

Minutes later, three familiar faces stormed in and loudly wished me 'Happy Birthday!'. It was Sakina, Hana and her guy, Firdaus.

What a pleasant surprise man!

So, the five of them happily took time off to come and sit with me at the Forrest Gump-themed restaurant. No need to tell, I was so honored by these fabulous people especially Sakina who had just return from Port Dickson for her New Year celebration hours before the rendezvous.

There wasn't much to tell except how happy I was to be surrounded by these people on my special day. Ann Jie gave me a present which is a body care kit from L'Occitane - complete with a small toiletries' pouch (which looks like a clutch). Thanks dear!


A very big thank you to all of you and those who had wished me. I could never tell you how glad I am to have wonderful pals like all of you and you have certainly proven why you guys are the best. Here's to a happy new year and a new decade!

Comments