Skip to main content

End of Season, End of Year

My last day and in my working attire. C'mon, gimme a break will ya?

I had written a post earlier but I scrapped it off as it didn't sound more like me. And I'm not really sure of what I should be saying here, or more appropriately which one to tell first because there are lots to tell.

If you have read my blog (more like a personal rant) before, you'll notice the new layout that I put here. It took me 5 hours to select, edit and publish it according to what I like and I must say, I think I should do something more to it. Don't you agree?

Anyway, I still like the whole new cheeky-layout of my blog. Hehe. Much better from the previous narcissist-layout, yes?

I ended my month-long stint last few days and to my surprise, it was much harder than I imagined. Call me sentimental, but I didn't know that I could be that attached to my job, or more appropriately, the store. Felt like leaving my children forever when I was doing my final stock-check and closing down the store shutter.

Sob sob. Hehe. Perhaps I was overcome with emotions. Fuck that. Haha.

The thing is, the job was not that bad. It was good actually. I learned to appreciate money much, much more, I learned how to manage myself and to fit into people around in the real world. I now have a new sympathy for the working class, as Samantha Jones in Sex and the City said.

The Swarovski-studded frog in my boss' room. I'm gonna miss you, Bling Froggie.


New semester's going to commence soon. I'll be in my second semester of the second year and I'm all prepped up for anything.

I'm planning to be a total nerdy next semester. I'll be a full time student - no nonsense, no whatever. I'm a student, so I must not complain about workloads. Finger-crossed.

And what do you know, 2008 is about to come to an end. In a matter of weeks and days, I'll be proclaimed a 22-year-old lad. Gosh. I'm feeling old and getting old as well.

To suit this end of year mood, what song will suit better if not Auld Lang Syne. This one is my favourite, sung by Mairi Campbell and Dave Francis and I first heard it on Sex and the City The Movie. This song brings out the memories of the outgoing year and make you reminisce about all the things close to your heart.

Don't go and hit 'Pause' just yet. Listen first and you'll love it. Trust me.

Enjoy and have a great end-of-year days ahead.

Comments