Skip to main content

Congratulations, Bontots


There comes a time in your life when you really paused, realized everything has changed and how grown up you have become. Three years passed by so swiftly and my friends have graduated successfully (and stylishly) last August 4 in Dewan Tunku Canselor, Universiti Malaya.

As what I've learned last year during my bestie, Ann Jie's graduation, convocation only means one word: HOT.

Not hot as in fabulous. I really mean 'hot'! Lots of walking, phone-calls under the scorching sun and wandering around looking for your friends amongst thousands of people and crawling traffic.

I didn't feel fun at all especially with sweat running down my 500 bucks Fred Perry Laurel.

But all the un-fun parts was squashed away the moment I saw my friends. Oh, how it was so 2007 all the sudden again.

Frankly, there's something about convocation that makes me emotional. Seeing my friends all with their robes, beret (is it called beret?), six-inch heels (Sakina) and bouquets made me so proud and happy for them - regardless of what life has in store for them (or us) after this phase. It didn't matter because at this time, this very convocation time, their hardworks and dedications have finally been rewarded.

See kids, it didn't matter at all if you skipped classes once a while for outings in Ikea, or had long lunch in Bangsar although knowing you already late for class - you will still graduate. Winks.

The remaining two undergraduate - Eza and I


The next day, we had a celebratory dinner in Piccadilly located in Section 14, Petaling Jaya. I requested for this place since I've heard LOTS about it but never had the right opportunity to try it out. The place was alright for relatively affordable wide arrays of food. I had its Nyonya Nasi Lemak with hot mocha.

Quite a shame. From hundreds of selections, I came all the way from home to have a friggin nasi lemak? *scratching head*

To my wonderful friends, although some of you will be getting married, start with your new job and venture into anything you want, I still wish you the best for the many, many years to come. Because you're my friends, thus you deserve nothing short than the BEST things in life.

I love you, bontots.

Didi and I

Fifi and Sakina

Ami finally arrived

Credit to Eza Nabilah, Ali Azri and Sakina Hussain for the photos.

Comments

Unknown said…
thank you bontot!!! I love you too!!! :D
do you think we can skip a few hours of work for ikea again??? hihihi
Khairizan Y. said…
Aww the good old times! only in UM, Dids, only in UM :(